Let’s talk about why LEG day (the day you work out your lower body) so difficult?
There are few reasons:
- Legs are a large muscle group, some of the largest in the body. Exerting large muscle mass takes a lot of effort (energy).
- Squats, lunges, and leg press type exercises work multiple muscles at the same time placing a greater demand on the body.
- Squats, deadlifts, and lunges require balance and motor control placing strain on the nervous system.
- Leg exercises raise the heart rate quickly putting you in an anaerobic state. That translates into the body quickly becoming fatigued.
- Lastly, you use your legs all day long, they are constantly under stress unlike the upper body.
Working your lower body out requires a lot of energy so once again my advice is to be very consistent and move slowly using great form on each exercise.
I suggest you work your lower body 1-2 times a week.
This 4 x 4 workout is around 20 minutes and will hit every muscle of the legs plus the abs.
4 exercises done back to back (it’s called a giant set) take a break after the 4th exercise is complete. Your break should be 30-60 seconds then hit the next Round.
Execute each exercise for 1 minute.
There are 4 Rounds of all 4 exercises
4 x 4 Leg Workout
4 Rounds of all 4 Exercises
- Alternating lateral moving DB swing
- Reverse lunge-knee drive-twist (both right and left side of the body)
- OH (over-head hold) Shoulder hold-lunge pulse (both right and side of the body)
- Glute bridge pulse
Use the timer on your phone or clock to keep track of the minute marker. Take a break after the 4th exercise is finished. Keep yourself hydrated after each Round, takes sips of water, it will help you get through the next Round.
“What Happens if I Don’t Give UP”?
Tap Below to Shop this Post