A Chef Jim Keegan Recipe
- 5 eggs
- pinch salt
- 41/2-5 cups almond flour (depending on the size of eggs) I find 5 cups works best
- 1 1/2 cup granulated suagr
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp almond extract ( I prefer 2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Separate 5 egg whites into a bowl then add a pinch of salt.Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.Set that aside and sift 5 cups of almond flour with 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar into a bowl.Add about 1/3 of the almond flour mixture into the egg whites and fold it in gently with a spatula.Now go ahead and add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsps of almond extract. Then quickly fold it in.Add the second third of the almond flour mixture to the egg whites and gently fold it in again.Sift in the remaining third of the almond flour mixture and fold it in one last time. At this point, the cookie dough should have a thick paste like texture.Scoop out mounds of the cookie dough and place them into a plate of granulated sugar. Roll the scoop of cookie dough into the sugar, then take it into your hands and round it out to a ball.Drop the ball into a bowl of powdered sugar and evenly coat it.
- Place the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly press each cookie with your hand. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.Happy Eating!!
To purchase the plates tap here// Vietri