Recipe of the Day (#ROTD)
Bite size finger food that can be served at room temperature? Sign me up!!
- 2 Hot house cucumbers not peeled, washed well, sliced into disks
- 2 large cans of albacore tuna packed in water
- 1/2 cup Hellmanns mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of Kraft mayonnaise
- 2 stalks of celery diced small
- 1 small onion diced small
- 1 t dill
- 2 avocados sliced lengthwise
Slice your cucumbers into disks and arrange them on a platter. Next assemble the tuna salad. Drain the tuna in the sink, put the tuna meat in a large bowl. Add both mayo’s and depending on how you much mayo you like you add more or less. Add your celery and onion then you dill, salt and pepper. Stir together all the ingredients and taste it to see if you need more seasonings or more mayo. Once the tuna salad is completing mixed use a small spoon and place spoonfuls on top of each cucumber. Slice the avocado and place one or two slices on top of the tuna salad. Sprinkle with a tiny amount of flake sea salt if you desire.
(You can make the tuna salad ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. This is also my tuna salad recipe I use for tuna sandwiches.)