Easy Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 package softened cream cheese (do not use fat free)
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- as much as you want your favorite preserves
- as much as you want your favorite melted chocolate (I used Valrhona Chocolate from France. You can purchase this chocolate on Amazon I will link it below)
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer. In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking soda then add that to the sugar mixture and beat together until mixed well. If you are adding in pecans fold them in the mixture at this point. FOLDING/take the bowl off the stand mixer and mix in the particular ingredient with a large spoon/ stirring from the middle of the bowl to the outside of the bowl and turning the entire bowl at the same time. FOLDING is a method of incorporating an ingredient evenly but allowing you not to over mix the dough.
- At this point I melt the chocolate in the microwave. In a microwave safe bowl and for only 30 seconds at a time. Taking the bowl out of the mircowave and stirring the chocolate after each 30 second increment . Do this melting method so you don't burn the chocolate. Once melted set aside.
- Shape the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. With your "Thumb" or finger, indent the center of each ball of dough. Bake for 10 mins
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and fill each cookie with preserves and put back into the oven for 8 mins.IF YOU ARE FILLING THE COOKIE WITH THE MELTED CHOCOLATE WAIT UNTIL COOKIE IS FULLY COOKED AND SLIGHTLY COOLED AND PLACE A TSP OR 2 TSPS OF CHOCOLATE IN THE MIDDLE OF EACH COOKIE.HAPPY EATING!!
Tap Below to Shop this Post in our LTK Shop called HOB15