Recipe of the Day (#ROTD)
I took this recipe from Nigella Lawson’s cookbook Nigella Express
This recipe truly is one of those summer pasta dishes that is a treasure to have in your repertoire. The only cooking done is boiling water for the pasta.
- 4 cups finely sliced cremini mushrooms (you can use any mushroom you like)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme stripped
- 1 lb of linguini (look for protein infused pasta)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2-3T freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t of pepper
Put mushrooms in a large bowl along with olive oil, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest and thyme
Cook pasta according to the package directions and drain (rememberer to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water to thin the pasta if needed). As soon as the pasta is drained place it in the bowl with the mushroom mixture.
Toss everything together then add parsley and cheese and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.