Recipe of the Day
Penne Alla Betsy (with a Liz twist)
- 1 lb Linguini pasta
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tbsp Hope butter, or salted butter
- 2 tbsp first cold pressed olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup really good dry white wine
- 1 14oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- whole milk for thinning
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 basil leaves, chopped or chiffonade
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta/stir and cook for 10-12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Rinse your shrimp. Pat dry your shrimp.In skillet melt 1 tbsp of butter/1 tbsp of olive oil and add your shrimp to cook. Cook for 3 minutes and set aside on a plate. Once cool cut the tails off the shrimp if they have them on, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Keep the skillet hot and add the chopped onion/garlic and sauté for about 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucence. Add the wine, and tomato sauce stir. Next pour in the cream and stir. Reduce heat and add the cut shrimp and stir. Check sauce for seasoning and add salt and peeper if needed. Add parsley and basil then add the pasta to cook and toss in the skillet. Adjust seasoning and or cream sauce if it is too thick. Then add as much parmesan as you want.HAPPY EATING!!
Tap Below to Shop this post in our LTK Shop HOB15