Recipe of the Day (#ROTD)
Ugly Chicken is a recipe given to me by best friends Mother, Punkin Hubbell. My bestie Katie McCollow is one of 9 children and her Mother cooked for no less than 11 people, every night. This was one of my favorite meals whenever I had dinner at the Hubbell house.
- 4 Chicken breasts /Pounded down to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 T Butter
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Chicken broth
- 1/2 c Dry Sherry
- 1-2 T Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c Half/Half
- Flatten chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness. Take flour and place it in shallow plate or dish and sprinkle salt and pepper into the flour and mix well. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper then dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
- Pre-Heat skillet to high and add butter and oil. After you have dredged the chicken in the flour mixture fry two pieces of the chicken at a time, to ensure the chicken will brown in your skillet. Fry the chicken for 4 minutes a side. Take chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- When all 4 pieces of chicken are finished add chicken broth to the pan and Sherry and scrap the pan to release all the left over browned pieces in that pan. Add mustard, and stir constantly. Slowly add flour, and then the Half/Half.
- If the mixture is too thick add more chicken broth and Half/Half if the mixture is too thin add more flour. Plate chicken and pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.