Is soda a go-to drink for you?
Did you know there are 7 teaspoons of sugar in regular Coke Cola? Diet Coke doesn’t have the regular sugar in it however, research has found it causes the same effect on your brain as sugar and can cause you to crave more sugar.
Both of those beverages contain carbonation, carbonation equals dehydration in the body. When the body gets dehydrated it can crave more sugar. It is a vicious cycle.
Giving up soda drinks is difficult but I assure you, once you do your body will thank you. I kicked the Diet Coke habits many years ago. It wasn’t easy but here is how I did it.
One of the first items I have people take out of their diet when they are trying to lose weight is beverages that contain sugar or artificial sweeteners. In addition, I have them take out any beverages that contain carbonation, due the high dehydration rate. Pure clean water or water with lemon slices in it consumed all day is the easiest way to stay hydrated and keep your weight down.
- Start Slow~If you consume 3-4 diet cokes a day for 2 weeks go down to 1-2 a day.
- The 3rd week just have one a day.
- Within the 3 week don’t buy anymore sweetened beverages so by week 4 there isn’t anymore in the house to tempt you.
- Replace the beverages with tea or coffee and more lemon water or just pure ice water.
- Your kidneys will be clearing out the toxins and trying to stabilize your blood pressure and absorbing minerals again.