I’ve trained people for 37 years in the fitness industry from fitness instructing, personal training and coaching new and seasoned runners. In the last year I’ve had the good fortune to coach all 3 in a small group setting at Lifetime in Eden Prairie Minnesota.
Faerol Wiedman I’ve coached for almost 5 years. She has grit, grace and a spirit that is light and airy yet strong and full of fire. She is from Texas and has a heart that is just as big as Texas. Whenever I asked Faerol a question I can always count on truthful direct answer, which I admire and love. Faerol and I also have a love of fashion and all things beautiful.
I asked Faerol a few questions I hope some of her inspire you.
- How long have you been a member at Lifetime? Since 1999
- How do you motivate yourself to get to the gym? I need to workout-I have never left the club saying “that was waste of time.” I strive to take care of myself-physically, emotionally and spiritually-each day. Working out exercises my body, but also helps my spirits, especially during the long 6 months of winter.
- What tricks do you use for yourself to get tot the gym? I’ve had periods of where I haven’t worked out and been out of shape and its just miserable. I don’t want to have to go back there! Also, I love the community of group fitness classes. I know I will see friends and that’s always a day brightener. Sure, I can workout in my basement, but I don’t work out as hard and it gets so boring…2020 taught me to never take the gym for granted!
- What sports did you play when you were a kid? I was on the swim team for a few years in high school.
- What advice would you give to someone just starting to workout? Start small. Make plans to workout with someone, whether it’s going walking or meeting at the gym for a class. It is a lot easier to get in workout when you have someone to be accountable too.
I am privileged to be able to do the job I do but even more train the amazing people I get train.