Recipe of the Day
Mini Berry Galettes
- 2 heaping cups berries any kind (if using strawberries chop small)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest and juice
- Stir all together and let sit while you prepare the crusts
- Roll out the two discs of dough. Use a 5 inch cookie cutter or bowl (use a knife to cut around the bowl), cut three rounds of dough then gather the excess dough and roll out and cut more discs.
- Place rounds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Carefully, pour 1/4 cup of berries on the center of the dough.
- Use your fingers to fold up the sides of the dough (this is a rustic dessert it shouldn't look perfect)
- Mix the egg and 1 tbsp of water to make an egg wash. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash. Sprinkle the edges with sugar
- Bake the Galettes for 15 minutes, until the edges are golden and the berry filling is bubbling. Take them out of the oven and let cool. Serve warm with whip cream or room temperature. HAPPY EATING!!
Tap Below to Shop in our LTK Shop HOB15