The Best Sausage Stuffing
- 1 package stuffing cubes
- 1 tube Jimmy Dean sage sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 medium apples peeled and diced small
- 1 cup pecans optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°In a large skillet with sides, melt butter and add onion and celery and sauté until translucent (about 6-8 minutes). Add Sausage and brown along with the vegetables. Add the diced apples and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl pour the stuffing cubes into the bowl and then pour the cooked vegetables and browned meat into the bowl and stir until the cubes become coated, once that has happened pour the chicken broth over the mixture slowly. Once the mixture has fully absorbed the broth add the beaten eggs and stir so everything is coated. If you are adding pecans do so now and stir until the pecans are mixed in. Take the mixture from the bowl to a baking dish and evenly distribute then cover the dish with tinfoil.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes then take the foil off the dish and bake another 15 minutes or until the stuffing is golden brown.Happy Eating!!